~Rejoice~
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Lessons Learned
So this summer while I was working at Cedar Point, I was involved in two Bible studies being led by people from a ministry called His House. His House is a Christian fellowship on the main university campuses in MI- WMU, NMU, EMU, GVSU, FSU, LSSU, etc. These people came down in a group as a team called Ministry to the Point. I learned a lot about my personal relationship with the Lord in the two Bible studies I was in. And what it means to be His child and have a personal relationship with Him and desire Him fully. I met so many good people and learned so much, I was not going to hesitate to get involved in this awesome ministry when Fall semester started at GVSU. I had a few friends here and there in the first few weeks. I even got involved in what is called a Lifegroup- a small group that meets once a week outside of the campus weekly gathering and does a Bible study and just shares life together. We are a group of about 12 girls (who are amazing by the way) who come together every week and study the book "Calm My Anxious Heart". This book is great for women who worry and are anxious. I know it is a big struggle for me to be content, so I was thankful when I got into this group. We are a great group of sisters and I look forward to fellowshipping and learning with one another each week. In our campus weekly gathering we have talked about things that cause us to "get our heads stuck in a tree". I.E. pride, too much of a sense of independence, lack of time management, etc. We also studied the idea of "God wants me to do what?!" and being faithful to His call for us, trusting Him, and being people of faith. We are currently talking about how to study the Bible and then we are being challenged to read the book of Luke as a ministry before the end of the semester- which in turn means 3 chapters/week so I can still continue to study Psalms as well! Lifegroup on the other hand, we have talked about what contentment means, especially with our circumstances and who He has created us to be. One of the main chapters we have been studying in correlation with the contentment theme is Philippians 4- which was amazing because the book of Philippians was the first book I ever sat down and read all the way through this summer and gained a large place in my heart and in my life! I have to say it has been a good semester thus far, and I am anxious (in a good way) to see what He is going to continue to teach me! I will continue to post as I can and He continues to put lessons on my heart! Hope your fall is going well and you are being joyfully blessed! Keep in touch friends!